Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Motorcycle Accidents

If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, then there’s likely a variety of questions running through your brain.  Who’s responsible?  How do I file a claim?  Should I file a claim?  The answers to these questions and more have been provided below for your convenience.

Q:  In a personal injury claim, who can be held responsible for my accident?

A:  There are many parties that could be held liable.  It all depends on the nature of your accident.  Such parties can include but are not limited to a fellow rider, another automobile driver, a defective parts manufacturer, or if you’re a passenger, the driver of the motorcycle you’re aboard.

Q:  Can I file a claim even if I was partially at fault in the motorcycle accident?

A:  You can.  Just because experts have determined you were partially liable doesn’t preclude your gaining compensation in certain areas.  You’re still entitled to file a claim against any other partially liable parties.

Q:  Can I file a lawsuit to recover damages if one of my family members suffered injuries that proved to be fatal?

A:  Certainly.  Sadly, far too many motorcycle collisions end with the death of one or more persons.  This is typically the result of head trauma, but no matter the cause, those family members left to mourn and pick up the pieces of their own lives are eligible to file a lawsuit against any potentially liable party.

Q:  Am I putting myself in more danger by riding a motorcycle instead of a car?

A:  The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says yes.  Their statistics show that motorcycles are three times likelier to be in wrecks than automobiles.  And as far as fatalities from such collisions go, a motorcycle crash victim is 18 times more likely to suffer injuries that are fatal.

Q:  How much is a lawyer going to cost?

A:  The Nagelberg Bernard Law Group gets paid a percentage of the amount of compensation we eventually gain on our client’s behalf.  This means that clients don’t have to pay any upfront fees that might compromise their fiscal security.

Q:  Am I required to release my medical records to an insurance adjuster if they request them?

A:  No.  The insurance adjuster should be referred to the attorney you’ve chosen to represent you.  He or she should be responsible for releasing the pertinent medical information, which is why it’s critical to consult a lawyer as soon as possible.

Q:  How do I deal with an uninsured driver?

A:  Contact your own insurance company to verify that you have uninsured motorist coverage, and determine what exactly it covers.

Q:  How do I move forward if I was victimized by a hit and run in which the liable party is nowhere to be found?

A:  Similar to an uninsured motorist, your own insurance coverage might cover such situations.  Consult with your insurance agent to determine if you’re entitled to reimbursement of vehicle repairs or medical bills through your coverage

We hope these answers have been helpful to you, but we also understand that you might have more specific questions that pertain to your case.  Contact the Nagelberg Bernard Law Group at once to get started on a free consultation on your claim.  We can help you get the important information you need to move forward with your claim and your life.  Call today.

Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Articles and Resources